For women who are looking to start their families, knowing the time of the month you are most fertile is important. Every woman’s body is different, but the basic guidelines below can assist in helping you conceive during the best time of the month.
- Begin counting on the first day of your menstrual period. Women normally ovulate about 14 days from the first day of their period, although it can vary from woman to woman.
- Your fertile period starts about four to five days before ovulation and ends about 24-48 hours after it. Sperm can live in your body for approximately four to seven days and the egg can live for 24 hours after being released. You are most fertile the days before and the day of ovulation.
- Make sure to track your menstrual periods to know if and when you ovulate. An easy method is a do-it-yourself ovulation kit available over the counter to help you predict your ovulation in morning urine samples.
- Woman can also chart their basal body temperatures in order to get a better fix on their fertile periods. This temperature reading should be taken first thing when you wake up. When ovulating, your body temperature should rise for a few days. Peak fertility occurs on the days just before this temperature rise.
- Finally, woman can monitor for changes in their cervical mucus. Three to five days before ovulation estrogen levels rise and mucus becomes clear, stretchy and with increased amounts. This is to help keep sperm alive and nourished to travel forward.
Make sure to contact your doctor before for medical advice before seeking out a specific method.
Neway Fertility is committed to providing the most innovative and personal care possible to help patients achieve their goals of starting a family. Their mission is to provide top-quality medicine that is centered on compassion and individualized attention. For more information please visit their website: www.ch.newayfertility.com.